Originating in the 1960s, Medicare is a government-provided fee-for-service insurance program intended primarily for seniors. The program encompasses several distinct parts, each of which is outlined below.
- Medicare Part A helps with the cost of independent hospital stays and skilled nursing home costs, includes hospice care, and provides limited home health benefits.
- Medicare Part B helps with the cost of medically necessary doctor visits and other medical services including: outpatient care at hospitals and clinics, laboratory tests, and some diagnostic screenings.
- Medicare Part C (Medicare Advantage) covers elements of Parts A, B, and sometimes D.
- Medicare Part D covers prescription drugs.
- Medigap comes through private insurance companies and aims to fill in the “gaps” left in the traditional Medicare coverage.
Know Your Choices
Medicare Advantage provides equal or better coverage while Medicare Supplements add coverage to Original Medicare. If you are interested in an alternative plan, we can help you find coverage through either Medigap or Medicare Advantage. Both of these plans offer additional support through third-party insurers, and they are required to provide equal or better coverage when compared to regular Medicare.
Contact Us Today
If you believe that Medigap or Medicare Advantage are right for you, contact us today to discuss your insurance options.
*Disclaimer: This page has not been reviewed or endorsed by Medicare.gov or any member of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).